Thursday, March 24, 2011

Personal Growth

Only when you grow, everything around you grows.



People keep  asking me the secret to my success.  Yes, hard work, consistency and determination had alot to do with my success but what really made me move to new levels was personal development.

  I'll never forget the day that I truly understood what I needed to do if I wanted my business to move forward and reach new levels.

I received  an email that stated "Only when a leader changes develops and grows, so does their business."   That sentence changed my life.    I truly desired to grow my business and  I desperately wanted to  create a fabulous lifestyle for my children.   However, how could I possibly  grow a business  if I wasn't developing me as a leader!   From that day on, I made a commitment to work on personal growth.  I went to work on me.  I immersed myself in this new strategy.

Everyday, I  began reading books that empowered me. Books that educated me about this industry.   I started working on growing mentally.  I was programming my mind to succeed.   I would spend 20-30 minutes reading a book or listening to audio calls.  Book by book, audio by audio,  I began feeding good things in and then good things started  pouring  out  and success started coming my way.

I truly believe that if we don't like the way our life is going and if we are ready for success then we must change ourselves first.

Now is the best time to invest in yourself . Especially with the way the economy is today, I think we all realize that there will be  no "high paying jobs"  in the very near future.  I also don't see alot of  job security.  Now  is the time for us to stand up and take control and work on building  our business for our families.    Even if you take baby steps, you are working on your dreams.  Remember, the turtle won the race.

My challenge for  you:
Find out what the successful people are readying and read those books!   (see the list recommended books below).   Learn from success, observe everything that 's going on.  Life is a classroom.

Learning is the beginning of wealth and health.  Look at a successful person's library.  What do you think it screams?  Here is a library of a serious student.  Why?  Because leaders are students.

Take charge of you. Be self-educated.  If you search, you will find.  But in order to find, you must search.

Make the commitment to work on personal growth by reading one book a month so you can grow and build a successful business that will pay you for the rest of your career.

Starting  today, we  have a website where  you you can view the recommended books that the successful people are reading.  (see below)  Please book mark the site below.  We will be updating our site frequently.     Remember..You cannot invest money in any better way than on your own personal growth and professional education.

I encourage each and everyone of you to make a decision to take the time to spend 20-30 minutes a day reading one of our recommended books.   If you feel you don't have time to read a book then make it a point to always carry a book with you.  While your standing at the post office line, while your standing in line at the grocery store.  Grab a book and read anywhere!     When you're doing errands, pop in a CD or audio book and feed your mind.   Turn your car into a classroom.

Life is too risky just to take a casual glance at the fundamentals of personal development, of goal setting and many other subjects necessary for your success and leadership.  Absorb these ideas and make them yours.

Remember....Don't ask for a better wind, instead, build a better sail. (Or in this case better books or audios.)  Devour them.  Set your sails.  Do not let any one person or single event or series of events blow you off course.  You choose to set your own sail.  No one else has the power  to do that.  Janis
LBB Bookstore

No comments:

Post a Comment